I’ve had many terrific meals at this Rittenhouse hotspot, so I figured it was high time to share a few ordering secrets. It’s obviously a great spot for dinner. But thanks to its proximity to Center City, a.kitchen has become one of my go-tos for work lunches, so this post will mainly focus on the lunch menu. The good news is, portions here are small so you can explore the menu and order one or two plates without being overly full.
Smaller plates >> Order two for a perfectly filling meal.
• Beets and goat cheese with rye crumbs
• Shrimp on the griddle with chilis
• Crab cakes, potato salad and whole-grain mustard
• Sliced rare tuna with baby arugula Caesar
• Seared salmon with braised celery
Bigger portions >> These dishes are well sized to be meals in themselves.
• Tuna salad on a housemade English muffin
• Spaghetti with Nova Scotia mussels
• Chicken ragu, wild mushrooms, and corkscrew pasta
*If you make it back for dinner be sure not to miss the following which are great share plates for the table:
• Glazed turnips, baby carrots and gremolata
• Chili–glazed swordfish with white beans and black olive purée
• Scallops with Meyer lemon and Belgian endive
• Smoked octopus, curried lentils, and clementine orange
Have a restaurant you’d like us to Cheat Sheet? Let us know in the comments!
Restaurant menus are reviewed by Phillies dietitian and owner of Healthy Bites Katie Cavuto Boyle. In most cases, the individual restaurants were contacted for specific ingredient and recipe information. Note: Many restaurants have seasonal menus and some items may not be available.