Presented by UnitedHealthcare
Enjoy this reduced fat, low-calorie version of fast-food taco salad. Warm the beans to add flavor and think about adding a little ground chicken or turkey. Four ounces of meat add only about 70 calories per serving. Although the carb content may seem high for a salad, the carbs are mainly from the beans, which are a rich source of folic acid and fiber.
• 4 cups lettuce, torn into pieces
• 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
• 1/2 cup chopped green onions
• 1 small cucumber, peeled and chopped
• 1 cup pinto beans, drained of juice
• 2 oz. baked tortilla chips, broken into pieces
• 1/4 cup salsa
• 2 T reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
In a salad bowl, mix together the vegetables, pinto beans and tortilla chips. Add the salsa and stir gently to blend. Top with 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese.
Dietary Fiber: 11g
Check out more healthy recipes at Source4Women.com.