A selective guide to the best LGBTQ events for weekday revelers.
- James Patrick Carminati follows up last week’s inaugural Movie Mondays party at Valanni with Mean Girls predecessor Heathers. Favorite quote? “It’s one thing to want someone out of your life, but it’s another thing to serve them a wake-up cup full of liquid drainer.” A dance party follows the screening. 9 p.m.-2 a.m., free with purchase of drink at the bar, Valanni, 1229 Spruce St.
- Martha Graham Cracker performs tonight at L’Etage. This will be her last Philly show before her sold-out New York City debut at Joe’s Pub on Jan. 19. Arrive early; this one will probably sell-out, too. 8 p.m., $15, L’Etage, 624 S. Sixth St.
- Our very own Alexander Kacala (aka Tammy Faymous) kicks off #faymeproblems Karaoke (pictured) at the Piazza, where he promises to bring “hairy, diva, hipster drag every single Tuesday.” 9 p.m., free, PYT, 1050 N. Hancock St.
- Philly gay comedian Alejandro Morales joins Hillary Rea’s Tell Me a Story, in which he and a host of other raconteurs will tell survival-themed tales. 7 p.m., free, Shot Tower Coffee, 542 Christian St.
- Liberty City Drag and Burlesque is auditioning new performers and volunteers to join their troupe. It’s a closed session, so only show up (and RSVP) if you want to try out. And for goodness sakes, don’t overdo it on the liquid courage: “If you show up drunk we will not see your audition!” 8 p.m.-10 p.m., free, Tabu Lounge and Sports Bar, 200 S. 12th St.
- DJ K-Tell hosts Get the Hook, where he and other Dumpsta Players regulars will perform irreverent sets inspired by the history’s most famous “losers who failed to deliver a performance loved by all.” A portion of the proceeds will benefit this year’s Philly Radical Faerie Urban Gatherette. 9 p.m., free, Bob and Barbara’s, 1509 South St.
- Tonight is Women’s Wednesdays at William Way, and this week the ladies are watching Chely Wright: Wish Me Away, a doc that goes behind the scenes as the country music singer makes plans to come out of the closet. 5:30 p.m., free, William Way Community Center, 1315 Spruce St.
- The William Way Center’s January Guys Night Out gathering will take place at the Print Center, where the group will check out the gallery’s latest exhibits by Jennifer Greenburg, Talia Greene and Anne Massoni. The meetup includes refreshments and talks with the artists and curator. Recommended if you’re on the lookout for a sexy artsy type. 6:15 p.m., free, meet at William Way Center.
Check back Friday for a roundup of this weekend’s events.