This June, Ladyfest will make its way back to Philadelphia, marking the first time the event has taken place in the 215 in 10 years. The weekend will offer workshops, musical performances and discussion groups celebrating the “artistic, organizational, and political work of women, trans, genderqueer, intersex, and queer people, and their allies.”
To make sure the female-empowering festival returns to the City of Bro, er, Sisterly Love in style, Permanent Wave has organized a fundraiser/dance party tonight at Eris Temple Arts. Womaning the dancefloor will be DJs Julia Factorial and Grrrl Afraid, and PHLASH (Tittie City). 9 p.m.-1 a.m., $5, Eris Temple Arts, 602 S. 52nd St. See more of tonight’s events after the jump.
ALSO HAPPENING TONIGHT:
- There’s a fancy fundraiser for EqualityPA going down Harrisburg
- The Court of the Most Grand is holding their inaugural performance at William Way
- Celebrate International Women’s Day at the Mt. Airy Art Garage
- Sisters is throwing one of its always-a-blast First Floor parties
- Voyeur’s taking a time-warp trip to the ’90s
- Le Bump Philly goes back even further for a night of disco
- Birthday girl Brittany Lynn’s gonna hold it down at ICandy’s Frat House Fridays
- Like I told you earlier in the week, Theatre Confetti’s Edith Can Shoot Things and Hit Them opens
Have an event you’d like featured on G Philly? Send details to firstname.lastname@example.org.