Out lesbian author/sommelier extraordinaire Caitlin Stansbury is coming to Giovanni’s Room tonight to offer up some tips from her new book, Wineocology: Uncork the Power of Your Palate with Sensory Secrets from Hollywood’s Sommelier. The evening will include an explanation of Stansbury’s tried-and-true “Simple Sommelier System,” which she developed to help drinkers make sure they know how to pick, pair and — wait for it — drink (!) the best wines.
Stansbury is an accredited wine specialist, and she’s been splashed with accolades for her work by everyone from the L.A. Times to the We Network. In short, this lady knows what she’s talking about, so drop the Yellow Tail and make a beeline for the bookstore. 5:30 p.m., free, Giovanni’s Room, 345 S. 12th St. See what else is happening tonight after the jump.
ALSO HAPPENING TONIGHT:
- William Way is hosting a costume contest to raise funds for the film Jane
- Get inspired with emma’s revolution’s musicians Anna Crusis & Miriam Davidson
- It’s all about the ladies and those who love them at tonight’s Womynsfest
- The ferocious Icon Ebony-Fierce FREAK BoUTIqUE SAFARI
- Stimulus gets Back to Basics
- Sisters helps you get more BANG! for your buck
- Up for a road trip? Former Cher backup singer Pepper MaShay is performing at ProBar AC
Have an event you’d like featured on G Philly? Send details to email@example.com.