Team: Center City District
Location: Washington Square West
Trainer: Nikki McCrae
Total team starting weight: 2,023 pounds
Team captain: Laurel Perley, director of marketing and events
• Jackie Ashburn, community service representative
• Annamarie Fagnini, community service representative
• Kelly Farrelly, manager of banners and Art-in-Transit
• Terrance Keene, community service representative
• Carol Kubacki, assistant director of finance and accounting
• James Matthews, community service representative
• Bea Ryder, benefits and payroll administration manager
• Jose Torres, community service representative
• Luis Vega, community service representative
Why they entered the contest:
Most everyone can identify with weight issues and weight-loss struggles, and the staff at the Center City District is no exception. From finance to human resources, on-street personnel to marketing, our team is part of a diverse organization whose goal is to make Center City clean and safe and encourage people to enjoy all that Center City has to offer. While the individual reasons for wanting to participate vary, the underlying goal for everyone on the team is the same: to have a better sense of self and live healthier lives. Losing weight with the support of your peers is certainly better than doing it alone.
Meet the team: Jackie Ashburn is an active person who enjoys all that life has to offer. Motivated by wanting to play sports with her grandson without wearing out easily, Jackie is ready to kick her bread-and-candy habit and lose some pounds.
Annamarie Fagnini is a self-described risk-taker and thrives under pressure. Wanting to boost her self-image and live a healthier, fitter lifestyle is what motivates Annamarie. She knows peer-pressure will get her through this challenge. Fatigue after patrolling the streets of Center City each day contribute to a lack of motivation to exercise.
Pages: 1 2