And just like that, the eight-week challenge was over. I think our contestants would agree that it absolutely flew by. It’s hard to believe that just two months ago, our teams were, collectively, 975.2 pounds heavier.
But on to the winner. Our winning team earned a total of 1,514 points. That’s a combination of Pound Points and Wellness Points, which contestants could earn for everything from making the weekly recipe to participating in nutrition webinars. (Want a refresher? Read the contest rules here.) In all, this team lost 219.4 pounds, the most of any of the Office Challenge teams.
Our winner? The Orange Team, West Chester’s Advanced Audio Visual Sales!
And let me tell you, they were psyched, ya’ll. When we announced the winner at our awesome bowling party at Lucky Strike Lanes on Wednesday night, the Advanced AV team whooped and hollered all the way to the stage to receive their awards.
We gave them trophies, of course, but there was an amazing prize package, too. Our winners received:
• One-year gym memberships to Sweat Fitness
• Three months of unlimited classes at Lithe Method
• Three, 50-minute sessions with health counselor Jessica Procini
• A makeover—haircut, eyebrow shaping, makeup—at Blush Hair Salon & Makeup Studio
• A 50 minute massage or European facial at Toppers Spa
• Dinner for the team at COOK with Phillies dietician and personal chef Katie Cavuto Boyle
• A $30 gift card from Bryn Mawr Running Company
• A two-year subscription to Philadelphia magazine
Awesome, right? Congrats to the Orange Team!
Our prizes didn’t end with the winner, though. We also handed out plaques to a few honorable mention teams. We dubbed Zarwin Baum, the Blue Team, Best Comedians because they managed to crack us up throughout the entire contest (remember Nancy Landy’s poem?). Campus Apartments, the Purple Team, won Best Tweeters because of all the fun chatter we saw from them out in the Twitterverse. And in our special media competition, Philly Mag, the Black Team, won out over WMMR, the white team.
But let’s not overlook the amazing strides toward better health our other Office Challenge teams made, too. Check out all the pounds they shed in eight weeks:
A big congrats to all our teams for such an amazing showing in this year’s competition! Scroll down to see more photos from our party.