Longtime Pennsylvania senator Arlen Specter died Sunday morning, from complications from non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, at home in Philadelphia. [CNN]
The veteran Pennsylvania senator had overcome numerous serious illnesses over the past two decades, including a brain tumor and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. He had been in the public eye since the 1960s, when he first gained attention as a member of the Warren Commission.
In 1966, the magazine's Gaeton Fonzi questioned the credibility of the "single-bullet theory" put forth after the Warren Commission Report's investigation of the assassination of President John Kennedy.
The interviews revealed that Arlen Specter is unequivocal in his support...
You know by now that you can't avoid them: The Shore's salt marshes are the prime habitat of the greenhead fly (a.k.a. the biting demon from hell). You can, however, take the following steps to stave them off.
1. Find a bug repellent with plenty of DEET (i.e., Off Deep Woods, Dak Greenhead Fly and Insect Repellent) and apply. Liberally.
2. Sorry, Brigantiners, but your town is extra marshy, and therefore extra buggy. Try beaching north or south.
3. Embrace the indoor lunch: Midday is greenhead happy hour.
4. Wear light colors, and lay off the tanning. Greenheads are attracted to darker shades.
5. Consider a jolt: Electronic zapper swatters are effective (and disturbingly gratifying).